I'm...erm...back?

8:59:00 PM / /

Yep i'm back. Though technically i was back 3 weeks ago, but i was too busy enjoying life to blog.

So yes, hows my army life. Yep lets see......

Well so far i have been doing quite well in my platoon, making friends with all kinds of people and all that, and so far not causing any trouble to them. Training was definitely tough, but you see, if it is not tough, how could you call it training? So yeah this carried me through all the physical training.

Oh but 2 things i didn really like to face were the field camp and the route marches. Ok the route marches aren't exactly very tiring, but its boring and unmotivational, as you know very well that you are just going nowhere.

And i finished field camp! Dreaded going for it, with rain on the first day and last day making things worse but completing it made me feel good though. Field camp was undoubtedly shag, and the long period away from any form of civilisation showed its impact when i booked out after the camp. A few examples include:

  1. I suddenly enjoyed watching martha stewart baking pies on tv,
  2. I ate 1 pint of B & J's everyday,
  3. I found myself staring at the mini TV's on the MRT,
  4. I thought food was eaten out of packets in Singapore.
But i did learn alot during the camp though, such as dealing with frustration, with other people's frustration and being able to keep a clear head even when you are tired and hungry. Quite valuable lessons to me i believe. Oh and did i mention? I shitted outfield man! Wanna know how it feels like? Imagine squatting over a hole with flies all over your ass, and your beautiful rear becoming a free for all target board for mosquitoes. Yep thats what it felt like. And nope DT i did not not change my underwear for 11 days. I change everyday =p

Lol but i got my "civilian mindset" back already and yep am doing quite well. So this is, in short my army life so far. Back to Phish Food.

0 comments:

Post a Comment